POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spooky Letters - 1 attachment : Re: Spooky Letters - 1 attachment - 1 attachment Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:22:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spooky Letters - 1 attachment - 1 attachment
From: Hershel Robinson
Date: 3 Jan 2005 07:16:31
Message: <Xns95D349C9EECD6HershelSR@203.29.75.35>
> What makes you unhappy about the image?

Good question, even if you sound like my shrink. ;)

The problem is that it looks a bit cheesy I think. The water is not
terribly realistic, the sky is not so dark and is sort of empty and boring,
the letters look a bit plastic whereas I suppose they would look better
with more of a rock finish.

Hmmm, I hadn't thought of that before. OK, here it is with a marbled
finish. Still looks a bit plastic.

The problem with the sky is that if I make it darker than the water becomes
flat-looking.

Oh, the woes of a newbie. :(

Anyone think this is any better?

Thanks,